Bordesley Green Girls' School & Sixth Form is a four-form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school in Birmingham. It has 1,000 students on roll including 360 in the Sixth Form.
We support a multi-cultural community and through our inclusive approach and we aim to "Bring Girls Greater Success" by providing education for excellence:
Excellence in Learning
The best teaching we can provide
The best courses we can find
The best resources we can buy
Excellence in Behaviour
The best example we can set
The best rules we can develop
The best rewards we can devise
Excellence in Values
The best care for every student
The best contact with our community
• We stress the power of education and learning to make a difference in all our lives
• We provide a supportive pastoral structure
• We insist on challenging and effective classroom practice
• We provide opportunities for pupils to be recognised for a range of achievements and;
• We expect to make “critical interventions” in students’ learning and monitor, review and evaluate these
To this end, our Staff
• believe that success breeds success and therefore look for and build on the positive previous achievement of students while addressing areas of concern.
• are committed to raising achievement.
• recognise the strengths of linguistic, social and cultural diversity.
• have a firm commitment to all aspects of Birmingham’s Equal Opportunities’ Policy.